Current Job Openings:
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper to join our team! The position will provide administrative and finance support to the agency. The ideal candidate has the ability to learn quickly and handle a wide variety of administrative and accounting tasks, is well organized, demonstrates strong computer skills, shows an exceptional attention to detail, has excellent customer service skills, and a dedication to the organization mission.
- Interacts with vendors and sub-contractors in the coordination of facility, office equipment and technology/communications needs/issues
- Purchases, receives and maintains inventory of office equipment/supplies
- Processes all incoming money including checks and credit card transactions in addition to bank deposits
- Performs data analysis and entry of all financial information in accounting system
- Assists in preparation of accounts payable including preparing and obtaining approval for check requests/invoices
- Works with Executive Director to ensure proper account coding
- Maintains administrative and financial files
- Performs clerical tasks, prepares correspondence, and handles customer inquiries
- Opens and logs mail
- Assists with monthly reporting, reconciliation, and journal entries
- Assists in administrative functions for the agency
Skills & Duties:
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with online data management systems including accounting software
- Quickbooks experience preferred
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures including budgets
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively across various disciplines including high-level individuals and being sensitive in communication style with individuals, youth, and families who might be experiencing behavioral health challenges
- Excellent administrative skills, including data collection and management of various hardcopy and electronic files
Education & Experience:
- Requires 2 years of college-related coursework and two years related experience in handling office/administrative responsibilities
- Previous non-profit/behavioral health experience preferred
- Must gain knowledge on program and be able to represent agency to general public
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Strong personal initiative, problem-solving skills, creativity, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage several projects/tasks at the same time
- Collaborative, and flexible work style
Wage is $15-16/hour, dependent on experience. Generous benefits offered.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For internship opportunities please email Morgan Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.