Spread hope by creating a teen suicide prevention fundraiser
Everyone deserves to feel connected to people who care. When 1 in 5 teens has thoughts of suicide, for many teens, Teen Lifeline is the connection of hope that keeps them going.
You have the power to show teens they’re not alone—by sharing nonprofit posts, donating, and enlisting friends and family into the effort through peer-to-peer fundraising to support the connections of hope teens rely on Teen Lifeline for.
Join us by starting a fundraiser on social media so that every teen knows they have a strong community of support behind them.
Use any of the templates below to get you started!
Fundraise on Facebook
Support teen mental health and suicide prevention with Teen Lifeline by creating a Facebook fundraiser. The button below will take you directly to the fundraiser creation page—you can make one in ten minutes or less!
Fundraise on Instagram
Support teen mental health and suicide prevention with Teen Lifeline by creating a Instagram fundraiser. With the template graphics below, you can:
- Create an Instagram story and add a donation sticker
- Create an Instagram fundraiser post for Teen Lifeline
What should my fundraising goal be?
Here are a few strategies for picking a fundraising goal:
Nothing wrong with keeping it simple! The default fundraiser goal is $200 on Facebook and $100 on Instagram.
If you beat your goal early, you can always raise that goal!
Have a bit of fun with it and use numbers that fit the theme of your fundraiser! In this strategy, you can both set your fundraising goal to a number that fits your theme and ask for friends to give a specific amount.
- By date—Giving Tuesday is on 11/28. One possible donation goal is $280. You can ask for donations in $11 increments!
- The last four digits of our hotline is 8336. One possible donation goal is $83.36. You can ask for donations that end in $8, $3, or $6!
- 42,000+ teens called/texted the hotline last year. One possible donation goal is $420. You can ask for donations that contain a 4 or a 2!
Cover a Specific Service
Set your goal to cover the cost a specific service of Teen Lifeline—like a hotline text ($100), hotline call ($250), or a classroom workshop ($500). Check out our Dollars In Action page for a list of our services and their associated costs.